Friday, April 6, 2012

Tampa Level III Training Recap




I just had the pleasure of attending the recent Level III
Rapid Resolution Therapy training in Tampa, Florida along with 77 other Certified Practitioners. It was wonderful to hear from so many about the life-changing work they've been doing with clients! If you haven't yet been to a Level III training, it's a great opportunity to practice and refine your skills, learn new stories and processes to create change, and get coaching from Jon as well as from experienced fellow practitioners. Not only that, but you'll get to spend the weekend with an amazing, supportive community of healers, and feel renewed by the energy of our shared vision!


One of the things Jon spoke about at the training that stood out for me is the value of taking the time to hear and understand what your client wants you to know and to make sure that the client feels that you've understood. Jon said that most of us have had a tendency to rush through this step, and he encourages all of us to spend as much time as necessary to make sure we really get it. This creates connection, gives us the information we need in order to know what effect we want to have, and gives us a better idea of what to do in order to have the effect we intend.


Think back to your first Level I training, and remember what it was like to watch films of Jon's work for the first time. How was he causing such dramatic transformation in his clients? It seemed like magic, and many of us wondered whether it was even possible to learn how to do what Jon was doing. I remember trying to figure it all out, to find the secret of it, like an alchemist searching for the philosopher's stone. Why did he do a particular process with one client, but skip it with another? Why did he do things in a particular order here, and in a different order there? How did he know what to do, and when? When Jon is asked these types of questions at trainings, his typical response is something like this: "I don't know. I knew the effect I wanted to have, and did what came to mind."


That answer makes more sense to me now, but I know how frustrating it can be to hear it. One of the most effective ways to learn is by listening to the audios that are sent out each month--over time, as you listen to a variety of sessions, you'll find that more things will come to mind when you work with clients. We would like to make the learning process easier in whatever ways we can, and I've often heard people at trainings say that they'd like help getting a better understanding of how and when to use some of the stories and processes in RRT. There have been some substantial updates to our Level I manual, which should soon be available on the website. One of our next projects will be a book of edited and annotated transcripts, with notes that should help clarify what is being done and why.


I'd like to put this question out to you, our Certified Practitioners: What kinds of training materials would you have found helpful when you were getting started? What do you think would be valuable to you now that you are further along in the learning process?

I'd love to hear your suggestions! Email
cleartrauma@gmail.com.


Article courtesy of Tamara Ashley, IRRT Training Director
Certified Practitioner,
Rapid Resolution Therapy




1 comment:

  1. I made myself a cheat-sheet list of the metaphor images (rabbit and wolf, fox and hole, grandfather clock), which I still refer to in order to jog my memory.

    I'd love more on medical issues like pain.

    77 at a training?!? Wow. I'm glad my first Level 3 was only a dozen of us. There was a lot of personalized time for correction and finessing.
    --Autumn Hahn, LMHC, CHt

    ReplyDelete