Friday, October 21, 2011

How Does One Benefit From Rapid Resolution Therapy?



By Tara Dickherber, M.Ed, LPC
Certified Practitioner, Rapid Resolution Therapy

I was recently posed with this question: How does one benefit from Rapid Resolution Therapy?

And obviously that triggered my mind into finding a way to verbalize how to answer that very specific question. To some it may seem like a relatively simple question. Honestly I usually get asked, "What is Rapid Resolution Therapy?" I've got that answer down! But, "How does RRT benefit the clients we see?"

Well first let me tell you how it's benefited me, because yes I have been a client of RRT. My ability to remain calm when facing a storm of some stressful event is amazing now. I used to be a ball of anxiety, worry, and insomnia when faced with such times. It wasn't just anxiety either though. I used to get mad at people or events so easily and hold grudges; if there had been a contest for the longest held grudge I'd likely have a pretty big trophy. It's not that stressful events don't happen to me now, they still do. When it happens I can now look at it, see what I can and can not, act accordingly, and be at peace with what I did and how it turned out. Oh my gosh, can I tell you HOW grateful I am to feel OK with what I did (or didn't do) and not be riddled with guilt, shame, or over analysis?!

My husband (pictured on the right) tells me he enjoys being around me now more than he did before I saw an RRT therapist. My friends ask me how they can get what I have because they see (in their words not mine) how confident and comfortable I have become in my life.

On another side of this I see huge changes in my clients. The effects of RRT can be subtle sometimes. Sometimes what I hear as they are telling me about life, in follow-up appointments or phone calls, is a sense of ease and peacefulness. Many times they tell about situations that they faced that they breezed through like it was nothing. I often notice how even when faced with people who used to be bothersome for them they just shrug it off and move on. A few times clients have even laughed in the face of someone who was yelling and obviously mad at them. And guess what? By the end of those conversations the upset person was apologizing to my client(s).

It's not that someone becomes emotionally neutral after RRT. I've started explaining to clients that it's what I call blips. Anxiety, anger, even some sadness may come up, but they will be minor compared to what they had been. Best of all, they will leave quickly and barely register on the emotional radar. Mostly people are left with gratitude, joy, and peacefulness. It just spills out and makes a noticeable impression upon others! So that's my long answer to my short question!

Be well, Be happy - Tara

Tara S. DIRRT Certified Practictioner Sealickherber, M.Ed, LPC

573-754-0348

1360 S 5th St., Suite 394, St. Charles, MO 63301

www.mylifecoachtara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment