Thursday, March 29, 2012

Changing Seats From The Transformer To The Transformed!




By Tara Dickherber, M.Ed, LPC


Certified Practitioner, Rapid Resolution Therapy
Executive Director, Institute for Survivors of Sexual Violence


As counselors, social workers, psychologists, and other healthcare providers, we are "caretakers" for everyone else, and it is time to take care of ourselves. Now that I have training in Rapid Resolution Therapy, I know that my stress levels have greatly decreased.

My training and new abilities to be a healer are directly related to a private work with Dr. Connelly for some personal ghost busting. My self-care did not stop there. I also volunteered to share some of my personal traumas during a recent training and allowed other practitioners to practice and clear me. Personal healing also was available for me and other therapists during our small group work during the retreat.

After all of these years working in the mental health field, it still amazes me how few of us are willing to sit in the client's seat. My clients can only become as healthy and joyful as I am, so if I want to transform from counselor to healer I must get healed myself. Every time I put myself in the client/training chair, I have come home to find that my own RRT skills have just soared higher than they were before I left for training.

If you're heading to a Rapid Resolution Therapy training soon, then give it a go! Just change seats for a while from the transformer to the transformed! If you're really not keen about being up front, then try out a small group and seek another practitioner out for your own private session at some time!

Be well, Be happy - Tara

Tara S. Dickherber, M.Ed, LPC573-754-0348
1360 S 5th St., Suite 394, St. Charles, MO 63301
http://www.mylifecoachtara.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment