Friday, September 14, 2012

Using RRT To Treat Addictions and Cravings


 
I realized just today that I have not talked about the effectiveness of RapidResolution Therapy Training and RRT on treating addictions and cravings.  Yes you read that correctly addictions and cravings.  Anytime I have a chance to see, hear, or watch Dr. Jon Connelly treat addictions and cravings I am in awe.  He has an amazing talent for this particular issue and has a very interesting view point about addictions. 

In fact recently I applied a small portion of his work for addiction to drugs/alcohol to a client that we could say was addicted to her severely abusive, soon to be ex-husband.  Within minutes she no longer wanted anything to do with him.  And I ran into her a few days later and she was happily moving forward with her divorce.  I'll be honest, when I use this part of RRT I am always amazed and grateful that I have this in my back pocket.

So if you're a therapist who ever happens to work with clients who have addictions (drugs/alcohol/food/people) this part of the Rapid Resolution Therapy Training will be a big help to you and your clients!!

Tara

Tara S. Dickherber, M.Ed, LPC
1360 S 5th St., Suite 394, St. Charles, MO 63301

No comments:

Post a Comment