Monday, January 23, 2012

"I Am Grateful."

"I never set one foot in a combat zone. Instead, each of my lifetime wars―Vietnam, the Gulf War, Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) and Afghanistan came to me daily, in the form of wounded warriors and silent nurses. My lifetime mission was and still is, to meet them where they stand―to listen, to nourish, to heal if necessary and to stand up for them at every opportunity. I love my patients and the nurses who care for them, and I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given to serve them and this great country."

~ RRT Certified Practitioner & IRRT Director of Research, Dr. Sharon Richie-Melvan, Colonel, US Army Retired


Dr. Sharon Richie-Melvan, Ph.D., is a Certified Rapid Resolution Therapist. Dr. Sharon also co-authored the book, "Angel Walk: Nurses at War in Iraq and Afghanistan," with Dr. Diane Vines, Ph.D, Certified Rapid Resolution Therapist. Within the book, Dr. Sharon recommends Rapid Resolution Therapy as a PTSD treatment approach (p. 97). To purchase your copy today, please click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment