Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Taking A Detour: The Institute for Survivors of Sexual Violence



By Tara Dickherber, M.Ed, LPC
Certified Practitioner, Rapid Resolution Therapy

Typically I write about clients I have worked with, but this month I want to take you on a little side journey. Have you ever done that on a road trip where you made a turn based on a whim and ended up getting to see some really wonderful sights or meeting some amazing people? Well recently I was asked to take what might be called a little scenic side route into the Institute for Survivors of Sexual Violence(TM) (or ISSV for short). To be honest, I was asked to be the Executive Director for the ISSV. If you've not heard about the ISSV it is a non-profit organization (501C3) dedicated to healing the effects of sexual violence both by providing training in advanced clinical methods of trauma resolution and by providing trauma-informed treatment to survivors without access to financial resources. It has become not only my job but a part of my mission and vision to take the ISSV and breathe life into it. Isn't there a saying somewhere by someone..."Go big or go home!"

I see the big picture created by the ISSV Founder Dr. Jon Connelly. At this point I'm mapping out the steps, which seem small, to get us to that very big and bright picture. One thing that is completed and available is the ISSV Facebook page. Please stop by and "Like" us! I have created the website, and it is now in the hands of my website designer; looking to see a mock up of the website within the next week. I have several other projects for the ISSV and have many more rambling inside my head. Last I want to mention this beautiful bracelet designed by Farrielle Design where all proceeds from the purchase of this bracelet will go directly to the ISSV.

Be well, Be happy - Tara

Tara S. DIRRT Certified Practictioner Sealickherber, M.Ed, LPC

Certified Rapid Resolution Therapist

573-754-0348

2081 Collier Corporate Parkway

St. Charles, MO 63303

www.mylifecoachtara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment