Monday, July 23, 2012

Success at the Level I Training in Chicago!



 
By Tara Dickherber, M.Ed, LPC Certified Practitioner, Rapid Resolution Therapy Executive Director, Institute for Survivors of Sexual Violence



Last month, June, I attended the Level 1 training in Chicago. What a joy this training was. We had more than 30 people in attendance, many new to RRT. I left with a better understanding of how to effectively use purposeful communication to get my clients where we are both looking for them to be. I was also left with a deep appreciation for the work that Dr. Connelly does as a teacher and mentor.

I've been to several trainings since I first started training in RRT 3 or 4 years ago. RRT is a layered process, and it takes a lot patience to learn this process, but it also takes talent and patience to teach this process. When clinicians come to a Level 1 training and they feel driven to learn more, there's just so much to teach them, yet I know our minds' can only absorb so much information at a time. I found a new respect for Dr. Connelly's ability to teach RRT in a way that continues to build one's ability and comfort level with RRT.

I began to think about how doctor's learn and are taught in medical school...watch one, do one, teach one. I know I watched with awe and excitement in my first Level 1 training. I went home and used it as much as I possibly could and came back to Level 2. I again watched Dr. Connelly in awe and excitement and went home and practiced more of what I learned. But eventually I came back to a Level 1 training and people brand new to RRT started asking me questions, asking for help and guidance because I already had been practicing RRT for a year. In helping and teaching myself I began to learn even more, to understand it even more, and also became more effective with my RRT abilities when my clients came to see me.

I have heard people say that, once certified, they prefer to only attend Level 3 trainings. And I love Level 3 trainings too! But to be fully honest, my skills and comfort level with RRT deepens and strengthens when I attend Level 1 and Level 2 trainings.

If you're considering attending your very first Level 1 training please do so with an open mind and readiness to have fun. (I think I almost pee'd my pants a few times laughing so hard during our time in Chicago!) If you haven't been back to a Level 1 or 2 training in a while, then please come back and have some fun with us learning AND teaching! 

***Join us this August in Georgia for the Heal The Healer Retreat, specifically designed with Rapid Resolution Therapists in mind! Click here for more information about this transformative workshop.

Be well, Be happy - Tara


Tara S. Dickherber, M.Ed, LPC

573-754-0348
1360 S 5th St., Suite 394, St. Charles, MO 63301


No comments:

Post a Comment